How far above ground do I need to connect it?
- Antenna and equipment should be connected to a single point
- The best ground is an 8 ft or longer copper rod
driven into the soil.
- Alternate grounds are (in order of decreasing
effectiveness): building steel or rebar, cold water pipe, metal
building skin, or electrical system ground.
What kind of Grounding wire do I use?
- With pole and tower grounding, use copper braid (Jacketed) or strapping for
maximum energy dispersion.
- Ground the lightning arrestor using an AWG #6-8 wire.
Can I power the radio using a POE switch?
AvaLAN radios use forced POE injection and do not respond to 802.3af or 802.3at supported POE switches. A POE converter is required to power an AvaLAN radio. part # AW-POE-CON
Do I have to use the POE provided with the radio?
AvaLAN radios use forced POE injection and do not respond to 802.3af or 802.3at supported POE switches. A POE convertor is required to power an AvaLAN radio. Part # AW-POE-CON